Readers Hope is a unique publication designed for aspiring writers who are interested in becoming experienced authors.
This brief post aims to inform you about a new initiative that I announced in an article titled What If We can Transform Readers into Micro-Writers recently. I provided compelling ideas to convert readers to writers with small steps, nurturing guidance, and strong encouragement, leveraging a supportive community.
I proposed two scenarios to consider:
1 – How about avid readers write a few lines about their favourite authors and post them in a short story in 100 to 150 words, just as long as an average email or a microblog.
2 – How about if they add those paragraphs for, let’s say, five favourite stories and submit a long story in 500 to 1500 words.
Readers Hope is a unique publication designed for aspiring writers who are interested in becoming experienced authors. The audience for this publication is avid readers who want to become writers. The publication has a clear roadmap and a supportive team of volunteer editors. We share the vision and mission of “Readers Hope”, explaining how to transform avid readers into prolific writers using a supportive and innovative publishing tool.
Even though raw content is not everyone’s cup of tea, especially frowned upon by elite writers, there is a tremendous value for new writers who require finding their voices with support. Readers Hope is an entry publication to give voice to absolute beginners. Thousands of readers want to express their thoughts and emotions, but they don’t know how and where to start.
I introduced the concept of MVP (a minimally viable product), which means progress, not perfection. So MVP for a new writer could be one paragraph testimony about a favourite author or a paragraph of review for a favourite story. But it can also be about any topic and life experience.
I deliberately do not mandate any style rules for this pub. Instead, I recommend starting with tiny pieces using raw content and improve gradually. By providing flexible governance for this pub, I only request to adhere to platform policies refraining from harmful materials such as defamation and hate speech.
No one was born a writer. But, anyone with a bit of time, effort, interest, dedication, and support can be a blogger, storyteller, writer, and finally, a published author. With tiny steps, you can start a long journey. With excitement in this journey, your small steps can gain momentum and grow bigger and faster.
Why not post a paragraph now introducing one of your favorite writers or their stories? This simple introduction of a writer may be the first step to this exciting journey. Testimonials matter to writers. They are valuable assets to develop your relationships. Later, you can write stories on easy topics reflecting your daily life. You can write about anything and everything without any worry.
You have nothing to lose yet a lot to gain. Once day your stories might go viral, you can be a top writer, and can triple your income. Then power of freelance writing can bring you a flexible lifestyle. This entrepreneurial journey can be fun and lucrative. So, please see this post as a serendipitous encounter knocking on your door.
While many genuine writers want to share their authentic content, there will always be some trolls who try to damage the good intentions of honest people. Thus, I established a powerful editorial team who volunteered to support writers and protect the platform from harmful content. I’d like to share commitment and advice from dedicated editors from their pen. We have more editors who will share their perspectives soon.
- Welcome New Writers to Readers Hope: A place to experiment and try new things by Carol Price
- Word after Word ’til You Simply Must Come up for Air: If you love to read, a writer waits within you by Regi Brittain
- Good Stories to Take You Around the World: Welcome to Readers Hope by John Cunningham
- From The Editor’s Desk: A Warm Welcome To All New Writers At Readers Hope: Readers hope and we fulfill their dreams by publishing their articles by Dr. Preeti Singh
- Let Me Introduce Myself: I write and I am an Editor for Illumination by Lawson Wallace
- How to Increase Your Writing Income: Guide for writers of “Readers Hope”, a new initiative cross-pollinating writers and readers by ILLUMINATION
- Just Be Yourself When You Write — We’ve All Been There: Simple tips on how to get you started with Reader’s Hope on Medium by JS Adam
- Writing Is Fun To Do — Everyone Can Learn To Write: Newbie-writers and readers-wannabe-writers are the most precious to have here in this community by Agnes Laurens
- Letter to a Wannabe Writer: I invite you to join our welcoming writing community. by Tree Langdon
- The Future of Reading is in Writing: We are readers until we decide to cross the line and become a writer. That transition is a difficult one by Aldric Chen
Recommendations to contributing writers of Readers Hope.
- Start small, make small commitments, thus grow gradually
- Use raw content from topics that you enjoy the most
- Write about anything you want to express with no style concern
- Connect with like-minded readers and writers meaningfully
- Increase your chance of readability with social engagements
- Consider making the writing practice a hobby or business
There is no prerequisite to join this publication. You can write about anything and everything without any concern as long as you adhere Medium rules. All Medium writers at any level are invited.
Useful References for Beginners
- Why ILLUMINATION Integrated Publications Features Stories
Editors’ choices are in place. We offer a unique curation and visibility service for storytellers on Medium.medium.com
- Starter Kit for Writers of ILLUMINATION Integrated Publications
One-stop-shop for beginnersmedium.com
- Update from ILLUMINATION Integrated Publications
August 2021 bulletin for contributing writersmedium.com
- Process and Procedures
Anything you want to know about ILLUMINATION Integrated Publicationsmedium.com
- Curated Writer Bios
Learn about contributing writers of ILLUMINATION written by their penmedium.com
Here is my small gift to you:
8 Proven Tips to Build a Rock-Solid Reading Audience: A game-changing strategy for freelance writers to turn loyal readers into advocates for sustainable business outcomes
Owner and Chief Editor of ILLUMINATION Integrated Publications on Medium
About the Author
I am a technologist, postdoctoral researcher, published author, editor, and digital marketing strategist with four decades of industry experience.
I write articles for Medium, NewsBreak, and Vocal Media. On Medium, I established ILLUMINATION, ILLUMINATION-Curated, ILLUMINATION’ S MIRROR, ILLUMINATION Book Chapters, Technology Hits, and SYNERGY publications supporting 11,600+ writers on Medium.